Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Our life in pictures

Life as of late:

We went to Abilene, the church of Christ mecca, for Lectureship or Summit or whatever they are calling it now. We stopped at a gas station in Eastland:

Yes, you may have noticed two cop cars as was pointed out to me via a follower on Instagram. We pulled into this gas station to switch drivers and use their facilities.   We switch drivers and because something always goes wrong when I get in the driver's seat. Something went wrong. I put it in reverse and this horrible sound was coming from my back tire when I would brake. Will got out, inspected it and called my dad. Then his resident church car guy. Then the manual. We decided it was a rock in the tire. But in this time behind us was an interesting situation occurring. Behind us was Barney Fife inspecting this guy's van. The inspectee was handcuffed and taken to the car. Then pulled out of the car. Then Barney Fife's buddy came and searched the van. Gave him the walk straight test and he failed miserably. Barney's second buddy showed up and now the suspect is handcuffed again and put into the front seat of squad car #2. But by then, we were leaving. Who knows what happened. 

Later that week, I did this: 

After I took that SAT for college graduates and began other things, like cleaning the house. One day I came home from working. All I wanted to lay on my wonderful couch and relax and this is what I found: 
But Wait..... Here is what wouldn't fit in this picture:

I had heard the toe clippings the night before as I play my nightly solitaire game and catch up on words with friends but did not expect to find them on the floor. Clippers and all. 

It really is the mundane things in life that make me laugh. 

For example: Last Sunday I was fed up with having too many condiments and frozen wild game in our fridge that I could never find anything. I was tired of constantly buying chicken stock when I knew I had just bought it, but I couldn't find it. So I decided to attack the kitchen. I went straight to the fridge and began pulling stuff out, checking expiration dates and throwing things away. I started in the fridge, then moved to the freezer. This is what I found! JACKPOT!

I went to grab it and this is what I found: 
Who would do such a thing?? Who eats all the thin mints and then puts the box back?

I moved on to the pantry in a sullen mood and threw away 3 trashbags full of expired condiments, cereals, bisquik that is as old as our marriage, and spices that saw their beginnings in Abilene. I put everything back in a very organized spot and I placed our categorized condiments in the door of the fridge. 

I live with Will Morris: 


Yes, you counted right. 
1 Stubbs BBQ
1 Salt Lick BBQ
1 Sweet Baby Rays BBQ (there were two but I combined)
2 bottles of Harolds (We had three but I combined two)
1 Jack Daniels BBQ
1 can of Perini's BBQ

If you add all of those together, yes. That equals 7 bottles of BBQ sauce. 6 different kinds. Who has that many bbq sauces?

2 comments:

  1. I just laughed out loud when I got your picture of the BBQ sauces. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar shelf in my fridge, but because I live with Rick Salsman, mine is all MUSTARDS.

    ReplyDelete