Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

The morrises are home....until Friday. This has been one busy summer. I just got back from Royal Family Kids Camp and it was wonderful! My two sweet campers were perfect and made the week enjoyable. We did so many things like arts and crafts, singing, dancing, swimming and even a slip and slide. In which I learned that I am totally inept at doing. I went down it four times...

Time number 1: I stopped about five feet from the top.
Time number 2: I completed it successfully with one of my campers.
Time number 3: I got going so fast that I slid right through the person's legs that was trying to catch me right into the muddy grass.
Time number 4: This time I went with Christin. Right before we went the men managing the start of the slide made this huge deal about not landing on your knees because it tears up the mat. So I was focused on that but them Christin started cheering and talking to me as we were running to dive on to the slipnslide and I lost my concentration and did not even dive. Like seriously like just kept running and then stopped, fell on my rear and slid the rest of the way down.

I am not coordinated.

On the other hand, I'm pretty artistic. Here is what we did in our cabin!


The theme was jungle. I youtubed "pomander balls" and made them for our jungle. They looked awesome!


This was our activity tree. It lasted about 12 hours until the campers figured they could touch it and half the limbs fell off. 


This was our door. We decided that we would paint the tree on the fabric. I began painting and then remembered that fabric has small holes in it that paint will seep through. Disaster averted though, I had only painted the trunk. Christin came to the rescue with some extra poster board and we continued on our way. 


Other things that happened at camp: 
I have changed my addiction from solitaire to a game called "Top Girl." It is a silly game where you work and earn money and buy clothes and date guys you meet in a virtual club. My longest relationship on this game has lasted a week. This is Nicholas and I on a date. 


However he broke up with me. This is an actual conversation held over the dinner table.

Me: Nicholas broke up with me over the week. 
Will: What? 
Me: He felt neglected. I didn't have time to play the game so he felt neglected because I was not spending enough time with him. 

But have no fear. I am now dating a new Nicholas. 




No comments:

Post a Comment