Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Some day my prince will come




The royal wedding has come and gone. The million hour broadcast has been recorded, watched and celebrated. Magazines are full of William and Kate headlines. I even saw one the other day that said "Inside William and Kate's Marriage...Kate is the boss." What marriage? The one that has been happening for a week? Really? hmm. I admit I was not tied up in all the hoopla that led up to the royal wedding but when it came down to it. It is a cinderella story and I'm a sucker for Prince Charming. I also will admit that I wanted her to come down the aisle in something more like:

than 
but  who am I to judge what is "princess" worthy and what is not. 

I DID however go to a PRINCESS PARTY! I have been waiting so long for these pics and thanks to Summer, I have them to share!! There is a family at our church that we have gotten close to. They have a 6 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. Maggie, the girl, is so sweet and girly. She and her mom threw a princess party! And I went. And uh duh I dressed up in my most princessy dress. Because I have separation anxiety with expensive dresses I have kept each one I have gained over my years of weddings, proms, homecomings, etc. I thought long and hard between my princess prom dress and my princess bridesmaid dress. Will and I decided on the bridesmaid dress. I will admit....I barely fit in it. This girl has grown a little bit since my junior year of college.

(Adendum to an old post) - number 29374 thing I have learned in marriage...It is like freshman year of college. Freshman 15. 

Me and Maggie at the party


That Friday I made a few hats for the party, dressed like a princess and was off! And of course I can not go five minutes with out something potentially embarrassing happen to me. So I pile all 99 layers of tool in my car and drive off. Picture this...I have a pink tool dress on and a tiara/hair piece in my hair. I get stopped at a stop light and look up. It is fill the boot for the fire department. Not so bad except the sweet attractive firemen walk through the traffic and make eye contact with all the drivers. Please don't look at me! Please don't look at me! At times like these I think...it is fortunate I look like a teenager. Cause what would those firemen think when they saw a twenty four year old in a princess dress and a tiara. The light quickly turned green and I was safe from any potential humiliation. I will have to say I had a BLAST at the party!
                                            
Amy came as Cinderella. I learned that pose from my cousin who does pageants.


Posing on the red carpet. -- not so much that pose. learned that one from disney movies


So all the princesses that attended the party.... three that actually took the instruction seriously and dressed up... posed on the red carpet (red airline blanket). It was my turn to strut my stuff. I pose princessly however I was rudely interrupted. I look down mid princess turn and see a HUGE june bug making a home on my arm. I am completely FREAKED out by june bugs. I have an irrational fear. Lets just say the pictorial evidence of my freak out with the june bug is not attractive in any way.

Maggie and I. She has piled all the hats I made on top of her head. She definitely wore the yellow one to church that Sunday. I was a proud "official hat maker to the princess."



On another note this weekend was mother's day. We went to Houston to spend the weekend with Will's grandmother. Don't worry mom, I got you a gift while I was there. 


I spent the high of the afternoon on a floaty in the pool reading one of my many self help books. There were a few things wrong with this...however a few things very right. Let's start with the right things. 
1. I was in a pool. 
2. I was in a bikini in a pool. 
3. I was reading a book, in a bikini, in a pool. 
4. I was reading a book, in a bikini, in a pool for a long time.

Now a few things wrong:
1. I was in a pool... in Houston. You know how they say the sun is more fierce on a cruise? Well I think the same can go for the Houston sun when you are as pasty as snow white. 
2. I decided to go out for the first time in summer in a bandeau top. REALLY? Now I will have that awkward tan line the whole summer. 
3. I did not wear sun screen cause "I don't burn." Will was glad to know that he was right in his theory of sunscreen and I was very wrong. 

I leave with this...I drove the tonka truck to Houston while Will slept off his Lock - In from Friday night. I look over in the middle of my ipod concert and see this precious face...


Then I saw this... 


The man loves his dog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment