Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

With a spoon full of Sugar

Carrie Bradshaw used to live in this house. 
And then Ted Nugent moved in. 


Marriage is about compromise. Yes. Compromise. Whoever made that up did not have a stuffed deer staring at the back of their head while they worked on the computer. 

Ignore the lack of make up. This was after a long day of watching the 16 and Pregnant marathon on MTV. And ignore the embarrassment of trash on the ground. Um, just don't look too closely. Its Easter, which means LTC, which means our house is messy with drama/puppet/everything props.  
My friend Christin and her boy Tony came to visit on Sunday. I have been warning Christin of this happening over texts and pictures that this was transpiring in my lovely office room. *Christin, she's the one that gave Will the family frame for his birthday with our "family" picture in it. So mi casa es su casa. Will was not here for her to tell her opinion to, so she put it in writing. He didn't appreciate it. 


But don't worry. Mary Poppins now lives here and fixed it right up. 


Ok, so as I write this I'm getting a guilt trip because I sound like a nagging wife. Well? But really in all reality I guess its either the deer or a baby. "I'll take the deer for 300 Alex!" But in real real honesty, you got to love the guy. We all dreamed in high school of our ideal man. Mine was always the big, beer drinking, gun toting, deer shooting, fish catching, truck driving, boots and jeans kind of man. Ironically very different from the guys I dated. Funny how things happen. Guess I got what I dreamed of and more. You have to enjoy and laugh about those differences you were so blind to before you started a joint bank account and spit your toothpaste in the same sink. But I'm happy with my Ted Nugent and he's happy with his Carrie Bradshaw. If he wasn't a manly man, he wouldn't be the guy I married. 


No comments:

Post a Comment