Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Rain Drops and Roses and Whiskers on Kittens

Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens.

My 1st period class has inspired me. They spontaneously bust out in song. Its like a real life version of glee. Except sometimes I feel like Sue Sylvester and not Mr. Shewster. And there are no Finns and only Rachels. Tuesday is was Beauty and the Beast, Friday....Sound of Music.

A few things that have happened since last time.
1. Deadliest Catch is back on TV.  That means I go to bed earlier and Will stays up and watches it.
2. Get Over It was on free HBO this weekend. I love me some Martin Short.
3. I retired Will's holy jeans! I got to do the honors and throw them away.

4. I buy gummy snacks when I go to the store. I have ventured out of my scooby doo phase and have tried Nemo, Bugs, Cars and my favorite...Disney Princess. However, my husband apparently likes them too. I keep finding princess wrappers around the couch. 
Exhibit A
As an adendum to the last post: Things I am learning in marriage...
I now know why my mom always whined and cried..."If you do not pick up these wrappers I am not buying any more candy!" around every holiday that involved specialty treats. I actually found myself saying, "I will not buy princess snacks any more if you keep leaving your wrappers around on the floor!" This was not directed at my three year old daughter but at my 27 year old husband.

5. Today I am proud to say that I made a meal. Yes. I put on my big girl panties and reintroduced myself to the kitchen. "Hi Kitchen. It's me Kelsie. The one who always cries in your presence." I tackled that son of a gun and made a delicious meal.

Exhibit B
And to sign off...a picture of our child. 
Yes, that is our dog. Holding her self up watching Will leave for work in the morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment