Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Our House, Its a very very very fine house.

We have completed our first refurnishing a furniture young couple project! We inherited a table and chairs from Will's parent's ranch. One chair was three legged, another had no seat. So we have been living with this table and two chairs accompanied by two other church chairs for approx. a year. Last December I decided I would recover the chairs to make them match a little more. I bought a cool orange fabric to match our very orange kitchen. It has sat on top of the washer for about a year. One day a couple of weeks ago I decided I was going to hunker down and actually fix this table. Looking at design blogs all day at work had inspired me to make something creative! So I did. Will and I worked hard to sand, stain, paint and recover the chairs and table! Here is the lovely chair before...

Here is my kitchen table afterwards!
It is a mahogany stain and a martha stewart pain on the chairs. 

Now I can decorate our table for fall! I won a table runner at my mom's bunco group a couple of weeks ago! I finally have a place to put it. I also have four matching chairs! I can also eat dinner at a table again instead of on the couch!

No comments:

Post a Comment