Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Morrises are back in town...

for 5 days. Then I am off again to Royal Family Kids Camp. Last week we got the pleasure or the pain (whichever way you view it) of cooking for Camp of the Hills in Marble Falls. Again our summer continues to be a reflection of the show Sister Wives. We even took a picture that I would love to share but I can not keep up with my camera cards.

1st, I would like to share a serious matter.


As I was definitely not on facebook and being a good example for the teens I ran across this post from one of my past campers. THIS is why I do what I do! It is funny how things come full circle in your life. The summer between my freshman and sophomore year of college I was a counselor at a camp. The theme was Freedom and we did something with bands that symbolized things you are a slave to. Each camper got one for everything they were a "slave" to and on Thursday of the week we had a big todo and a few of the counselors cut them off. It was pretty cool and changed the way I think about things but never in my life would I have imagined that my little freshmen campers would have dreams of doing the same one day for their campers. Never would I have thought that my shy self would have made an impact like that. Who woulda thunk. THIS is why I do what I do. Sweet Melissa who is now at ACU AND a siggie was a counselor and made this post on her facebook. I could go on forever but I'll summarize by: That is pretty dad gum cool. 

On to my next thing. Not so serious. I have this materialistic, 13 year old girl, 21st century habit of having to play on my phone a little bit before I go to bed. I usually play solitaire...as proof of this.... 2368 + 312. That would be the amount of games of solitaire played on the precious iphone. I'm lonely. 


But while I was at camp of the hills (the only camp so far...where 1. I had to sleep in a bunk bed. and 2. I had 3G and cell service from my bed.) I decided during a special nap time that I would download a few new games to play. I came across a baby maker app. It was free. So I downloaded it as I have always been curious of what my future babies will look like. My cousins and uncle and aunt have reputations of creating the most attractive babies ever so I feel that Will and I have high expectations ahead of us in like 10 years when we have kids. So I need to know what to expect. It is this app where you plug in a picture of the virtual "father" and the virtual "mother." So I did that and came up with a some what cute child that looked nothing like the two of us. I did it again, I got a similar product. Then I did it a third time. I picked two very stunning pictures of Will and I and the iphone computed it. I think it is a sham. This is what it came up with...


Explain that one to me.  





No comments:

Post a Comment