Pages

Monday, June 6, 2011

Tweet Tweet

If I had a twitter I would have tweeted many 120 character phrases over the past couple of weeks. I think Will and I both would have. Some appropriate and some not.

For example, I would have tweeted:

"Some people have Sonic cups in their cup holders. I have tempra paint." 

"This is what your car looks like as a youth minister wife during work camp."


"SANDY the Pig!"

One I have thought of frequently... "They should have internships for youth minister wives." ACU encourages the marriage of the youth minister but they sure fail to mention that it is a full time job. Not that I do not love each and every moment ... ok the majority of each and every moment of serving Will and his ministry but lets get real here. He gets someone for the summer to share his work load. I have the PERFECT idea that I need to pitch to ACU.  Will and I will adopt a "bible department" couple. A guy that is a youth ministry major and a girl who is an education major or plans to marry that baseball playing, hebrew tattoo wearing, frat boy, bible major. The boy will spend his days with Will doing things like paper work, calling kids, counseling parents, reading up on the latest ministry philosophy, solving the teenage world problems. And the girl will hang out with me. She will run errands and fill her days making sure Will's ducks are in a row so that the three minutes you spend between 4 and 5 tonight will be worth while. Then she will do laundry, fold clothes, do the tasks that don't look too big in the morning but pile up on you and by 6 you think "Where has the day gone...dang it, I'm late for the evening activity." Honestly, I just want an intern too. 

O yes it takes a woman, A dainty woman, A sweetheart, a mistress, a wife, O yes it takes a woman, A fragile woman, To bring you the sweet things in life"
Not even a lie. I was so enthralled with explaining my new concept to ACU that I neglected to pay attention to what I chose on the DVR. Hello Dolly. And guess what song was playing? It takes a woman. Hmmm.  Irony? I think so. Thanks Horace Vandergelder for putting my thoughts so precisely. 

"At the ballpark....in the tornado...kinda feel like Rose in Titanic. 
Women and children to safety first. WILLLL...DONT EVER LET GO!"

Yep, we were at the ballpark the night of the infamous tornadic storms in North Texas. Might I add, I was convinced by a certain someone who is shown with the Rangers shirt above that I should leave my rainboots in the car. It was only until the hail came pounding down that I regretted that. My bestest and her beau and her parents invited us to the game. Well... as with any story with Will and I there is a long story behind it. The ballpark experience can not be summed up in 120 characters. That's why I have a blog cause I was never the one in school to write a correct summary. 

So I spent most of the day that day watching the weather and in contact with Christin to finalize plans for that evening. Once it "looked" like the storms would "miss" us we went for it. Will and I were to meet Christin and Tony when they got off work by the ball park. We met Christin but Tony was missing. We waited about 30 minutes for the beau to arrive. He had just come from the car dealership with his brand new car. While Tony was on his way Christin went to her car to get the tickets. Come to find out, once Tony showed up, the tickets were still in Mansfield and it was like the third inning. So quick thinking Will devises a plan. This is like an episode of I love Lucy. Come to think of it, that is not a bad comparison. Sorry to which ever one of the boys claims Fred. He was always a sour attitude. Anyway Will says that we will buy the cheap 8 dollar tickets and then when we get in, We will just get Karen (Christin's mom, who is already there) to come out with tickets so that we can get down to the seats in which we had tickets for in Mansfield. So we did just that. And it worked. 16$ for bottom tier, 3rd base like. Not too shabby. I guess. And two rain checks now. HA. Jokes on you Rangers! So we get like three bats in and the wind is going crazy. It seriously looks like a dump ground on the field. The poor outfielders are swimming in nacho napkins and hotdog foil. Then the rain. Then the hail. Then the rain. THEN the "tornado." There was no tornado where we were but in surrounding areas there were. But we got a free tour of the tunnels in the ball park. While being hearded down to the field (step on the DIRT, Not the GRASS - The grass is more important than any patron's life will ever be) it was kinda a weird feeling. I can't really explain it. All I can compare it to is what the Titanic passengers may have felt like with out the impending doom of a sinking ship and frigid waters. 

That is about all I got. Glad I survived the tornado to tell the story. 


No comments:

Post a Comment