Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Whistle while you work.

I called Casa Manana today: 

First of all to fully appreciate this I must give a little bit of background knowledge. I teach one class period of theater. The enrollment for the class is three. Yup. Three. Three sweet, dingy girls. Its been a joke all year about the theater class having such a low number. We've been getting really creative in ways to do things in class with three people. So I call for a field trip to Casa Manana. Casa Manana has a group rate of 20+ They usually do no sell individual tickets to their student matinees. Cause you usually have at least 16 in a class. So I call to get tickets to Snow White. This is the phone call.

Me: Yes, Hi. I am a teacher and would like to look into purchasing tickets for Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Guy: Ok, how many would you like?

Me: Oct. 12 and 4 tickets

Guy: 4?

Me: yes.

Guy: Just four?

Me: yes

Guy: Ok, well that's going to be 18 dollars per ticket and I'm sure we can squeeze four in.

Me: Great.


Guy: Why four? Is it a special needs class?

Me: (trying to hold in my laughter) No, just a very small theater class.

Guy: oh.

No comments:

Post a Comment